ADSM-L

Re: CONCURRENTS BACKUPS

1997-07-10 07:03:18
Subject: Re: CONCURRENTS BACKUPS
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 13:03:18 +0200
Hi Alfonso,

You are talking about file systems so I asume you are running
some type of unix?
If this is the case, you can run more than one backup at the same
time by starting more than one backup dsmc process.
The scheduler is typically a single process option - even if you schedule
two backups at the same time it will wait for the one to end before doing the
next one.
You can however create a schedule with type CMD and not INCR and
then execute a script that will start multiple dsmc processes.

Let me know if you need more help on this

Regards

Christo Heuer
Johannesburg
South Africa