ADSM-L

ADSM data format and unix restore utilities

1997-05-05 08:58:43
Subject: ADSM data format and unix restore utilities
From: Drew DeGraff <ddegraff AT SSASOUTHEAST DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 08:58:43 -0400
Just what format does ADSM put the data in when it puts in on tapes.  We
are doing facilities management for a customer and they have a requirement
to have and keep a monthly backup for 7 years.  If they are not with us in
seven years, will they be able to read and restore the data on the tapes
using an off the shelf unix utility.  If not, can we tell ADSM to perform a
backup but put it in tar or normal backup format.

Any response would be appreciated.  Since I have joined this list, I have
posted four questions and I have only received one response.

Drew