ADSM-L

ADSM

1997-03-31 14:48:32
Subject: ADSM
From: LEE FOSBRINK <lfosbrink AT MERCY.PMHS DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 14:48:32 EST
          Question,

          I need to move my Storage, Recovery Log, & Database volumes
          from 3380 DASD to RAMAC/2(Raid 5) DASD. Below is my volume
          information for my system..

          1. What is involved in moving the datasets????

          2. We have 2 db vol's & 2 Sync'd db vol's. Do we need a
          (mirror) copy of these files once on RAMAC/2 DASD?

          I think for the Storage Volumes you just need to relocate
          new datasets and point ANRPROC to that area.. But I have no
          idea about the other two volume types..

          Any information would be helpful...

          Thanks
          Lee Fosbrink
          Pittsburgh Mercy Health System

          Storage Volume Information:

          Volume Name               Storage      Device      Estimated
           %Util   Volume
                                    Pool Name    Class Name   Capacity
                   Status
                                                                  (MB)
          ------------------------  -----------  ----------  ---------
           -----  --------
          ADSM.STORAGE.POOL002      BACKUPPOOL   DISK            600.0
             0.0  On-Line
          ADSM.STORAGE.POOL003      BACKUPPOOL   DISK            600.0
             0.0  On-Line
          ADSM.STORAGE.POOL004      BACKUPPOOL   DISK            600.0
             0.0  On-Line
          ADSM.STORAGE.POOL005      BACKUPPOOL   DISK            600.0
             0.0  On-Line

          DataBase Volume Information:

          Volume Name       Copy    Volume Name       Copy    Volume
          Name       Copy
          (Copy 1)          Status  (Copy 2)          Status  (Copy 3)
                   Status
          ----------------  ------  ----------------  ------
          ----------------  ------
          ADSM.DB01         Sync'd  ADSM.DM01         Sync'd
                   Undef-

                    ined
          ADSM.DB02         Sync'd  ADSM.DM02         Sync'd
                   Undef-

                    ined

          Recovery Log Volume Information:
          adsm> q logvolume

          Volume Name       Copy    Volume Name       Copy    Volume
          Name       Copy
          (Copy 1)          Status  (Copy 2)          Status  (Copy 3)
                   Status
          ADSM.RCVRYLOG     Sync'd                    Undef-
                   Undef-
                                                       ined
                    ined
          ADSM.RCVRYLG2     Sync'd                    Undef-
                   Undef-
                                                       ined
                    ined