ADSM-L

ADSM -Reply

1997-03-31 15:40:07
Subject: ADSM -Reply
From: Jane Dagostino-Snyder <j-dago AT CAFE.TC.UMN DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 14:40:07 -0600
You can do one of two things:
1).  Define new VSAM datasets and move your data MOVEDATE from
one volume to another.  Once the data was moved onto the new
volumes or newly defined VSAM datasets, delete the old ones.
or
2). Bring ADSM down and move your VSAM datasets onto the new
DASD by using another software package that is used on the mainframe
like SAMS:DISK or a simialr product. Bring ADSM back up and it will find
those datasets, you need not do anything with ADSM, it does not know
that there was any change to the hardware just so it can find those
datasets

I would go with option number two myself, I think it is easier and less
work.  Your mainframe storage poeple should be able to provide JCL to
move those VSAM datasets correctly.   - Jane

> LEE FOSBRINK <lfosbrink AT MERCY.PMHS DOT ORG> 03/31/97 01:48pm >>>
          Question,

          I need to move my Storage, Recovery Log, & Database volumes
          from 3380 DASD to RAMAC/2(Raid 5) DASD. Below is my volume
          information for my system..

          1. What is involved in moving the datasets????

          2. We have 2 db vol's & 2 Sync'd db vol's. Do we need a
          (mirror) copy of these files once on RAMAC/2 DASD?

          I think for the Storage Volumes you just need to relocate
          new datasets and point ANRPROC to that area.. But I have no
          idea about the other two volume types..

          Any information would be helpful...

          Thanks
          Lee Fosbrink
          Pittsburgh Mercy Health System

          Storage Volume Information:

          Volume Name               Storage      Device      Estimated
           %Util   Volume
                                    Pool Name    Class Name   Capacity
                   Status
                                                                  (MB)
          ------------------------  -----------  ----------  ---------
           -----  --------
          ADSM.STORAGE.POOL002      BACKUPPOOL   DISK            600.0
             0.0  On-Line
          ADSM.STORAGE.POOL003      BACKUPPOOL   DISK            600.0
             0.0  On-Line
          ADSM.STORAGE.POOL004      BACKUPPOOL   DISK            600.0
             0.0  On-Line
          ADSM.STORAGE.POOL005      BACKUPPOOL   DISK            600.0
             0.0  On-Line

          DataBase Volume Information:

          Volume Name       Copy    Volume Name       Copy    Volume
          Name       Copy
          (Copy 1)          Status  (Copy 2)          Status  (Copy 3)
                   Status
          ----------------  ------  ----------------  ------
          ----------------  ------
          ADSM.DB01         Sync'd  ADSM.DM01         Sync'd
                   Undef-

                    ined
          ADSM.DB02         Sync'd  ADSM.DM02         Sync'd
                   Undef-

                    ined

          Recovery Log Volume Information:
          adsm> q logvolume

          Volume Name       Copy    Volume Name       Copy    Volume
          Name       Copy
          (Copy 1)          Status  (Copy 2)          Status  (Copy 3)
                   Status
          ADSM.RCVRYLOG     Sync'd                    Undef-
                   Undef-
                                                       ined
                    ined
          ADSM.RCVRYLG2     Sync'd                    Undef-
                   Undef-
                                                       ined
                    ined