ADSM-L

Re: Cleaning an Exabyte-210?

1997-03-21 07:26:59
Subject: Re: Cleaning an Exabyte-210?
From: Manfred Loch <mloch AT MAINZ.IBM DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 13:26:59 +0100
Hi Bradley,
I'll tell you what one of our customers is doing:
define a storagepool with only one tape.
This tape is a cleaning tape.
Now start a schedule periodicly and backup a file to that
storagepool. ADSM will mount that tape try to read (meanwhile
cleaning) and break with an errormessage. Ignore that errormessage
and resume normal operation. Cleaning is done.

I've never tried it, but customer told me it works fine.

Regards, Manfred

--
 |\/|   Mit freundlichen Gruessen - With best regards
 |\/|   Mit freundlichen Gruessen - With best regards
 |  |_|    Manfred H. Loch
 |  | |    AIX - Software Service
      |_o  IBM Mainz

 loch @ mainz.ibm.de