ADSM-L

Mac Client Questions and Complaints

1997-03-14 17:52:14
Subject: Mac Client Questions and Complaints
From: Eric LEWIS <Eric.Lewis AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 16:52:14 CST
     Hello Mac client experts:

     This just in from our Mac ADSM client technologist:

     (Ross is not on the list and I will forward responses to him.  Thanks
     in advance for your help.  erl)

     ) Whereas there is a way to restore 'inactive' versions of any given
     file, there is no way to restore an entire 'inactive' snapshot of an
     entire folder or hard disk.

     2) Clicking in the 'close' box of the Scheduler shuts down the whole
     application. It should only close the window but leave the Scheduler
     running. There should be an option for the Scheduler window to hide
     itself automatically whenever it is put in the background.

     3) The password shouldn't be stored in cleartext in the "ADSM
     Preferences" file. It should be stored encrypted and be changeable
     thru a "Enter - Confirm" dialog, just like every other Mac
     application.

     4) Has anyone else reported problems w/'SLOWINCREMENTAL ON' causing
     type 11 crash errors which are then resolved when this switch is set
     oppositely to 'SLOWINCREMENTAL OFF'?

     - Ross

     Apple Technologist   -   Platform and Operating System Group Division
     of Information Technology - University of Wisconsin 1210 W. Dayton
     St., Madison, WI 53706     -     608.262.8626