ADSM-L

Creating another server

1997-03-10 15:47:09
Subject: Creating another server
From: Julie Phinney <julphinn AT EMPHESYS.E-MAIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 15:47:09 EST
I have an ADSM-MVS server on mainframe A and another on mainframe B.
I am creating an add'l ADSM server on mainframe A and moving all the
nodes from mainframe B to the new server on mainframe A.  I'd like to
just do a database restore from the old server to the new server, and
delete all the storage pools and re-add them, and do export/import
node to get the nodes over.  It seems to me this would save me the
work of having to re-type in all the backup/archive schedules, the
admin schedules, and the management classes.  Am I missing something
here?  Does this seem like the easiest way to do it?
TIA,
Julie Phinney
JULPHINN @ EMPHESYS.E-MAIL.COM