ADSM-L

Move data and activate drive problem

1997-03-10 19:43:54
Subject: Move data and activate drive problem
From: Julie Xu <CCJX AT MUSICA.MACARTHUR.UWS.EDU DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 10:43:54 +1000
We use a adstar server on RC6000/aix 4.1.4 with about 28 nodes.
Currently we have a problem with full of the tapes in 3590 tape driver
with AFC. So we tried to move data from tapes to another storage pool.

Thanks for all the mails to show me how to move data when there is only
one drive available. I created a new disk stgpool and moved data from a
tape to this stgpool. and then I created another tape stgpool which uses
manual method to mount tape, hope to move data to the different tape
stgpool, but I can not label tape using the new drive(same drive but
different drive name in adsm).  How can I enable the second drive so I
can label a tape and move data from temp disk pool to new tape stgpool?

I do not move data back to the original tape stgpool becouse I thought
it can not reduce the util% - Is this a cerrect thought or not?

Our setting is:
labrory - 3590lib     type - scsi     device - /dev/rmt0.smc
          maualmout manual

for q driv
labrory - 3590lib     drivename-3590drive type-3590 drive-/dev/rmt0
          manualmout            3590drive      3590       /dev/rmt0

Any comments will be approciated

Thanks in advance

Julie xu