ADSM-L

point-in-time backups

1997-03-05 16:27:57
Subject: point-in-time backups
From: Julie Phinney <julphinn AT EMPHESYS.E-MAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 16:27:57 EST
It seems to me a saw a posting in here in the last month or so where
someone was trying to keep something other than daily incrementals
(they were keeping multiple point-in-time backups).  I think I remember
they somehow did it with the policy definition.  I didn't keep it
because I've never needed anything but incrementals.  But now we may
need to keep quarterlies on some machines.  I thought perhaps we could
rename all the nodes to nodenameq1  nodenameq2 etc, for each quarter,
(then rename them back, the next day)
then we'd have a full point-in-time image of each client.  Seems like
a lotta work and a lotta wasted space.. but anyway.. can you tell me
how to do it with the policy definition, whoever you are?  THANKS!
Julie Phinney
JULPHINN @ EMPHESYS.E-MAIL.COM