ADSM-L

Permission Attributes of ADSM DataBase Files in JFS ! ! ! !

1997-03-05 16:01:14
Subject: Permission Attributes of ADSM DataBase Files in JFS ! ! ! !
From: "Dwight E. Cook" <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 15:01:14 -0600
     IBM You have your ears on ?

     ANYONE! with a unix server, question: DO YOUR DB FILES SHOW 'r  r  r'

     READ ONLY !

     IS THERE AN INTERNAL FUNCTION THAT DOES THIS ?

     HAVE I JUST MISSED SOMETHING IN THE PAST ?

     WILL I BE SORRY IF I SET IT BACK TO  'rw  r   r' ?

     COULD THIS BE WHY THIS ONE SERVER SEEMS TO BE GOING SLOW ?

     this is aix 4.1.2 and adsm 4.2.0.9
     the adsm data base in in a jfs
     ALL the files are marked readonly, even one I added not very long ago
     (and when I say all, I mean all, db & copies...)

     I'm wondering if something innocent happened OR if I should be
     changing the root password (as in 2 mths ago wouldn't be soon enough)

     I know they get created readwrite, I know my other servers are
     readwrite,  I haven't seen anything anywhere talking about adsm
     automatically doing anything here....

     I'm off to read manuals until I find something in print or hear back
     from the list...

     later
          Dwight