ADSM-L

Re: Windows NT as a client

1997-03-01 08:23:10
Subject: Re: Windows NT as a client
From: RMF <finnell AT EROLS DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 08:23:10 -0500
We run the ADSM scheduler under NT as a service and give the service
'system' authority. You can setup ADSM scheduler as a service by using the
INSTSRV and SRVANY programs which come in the NT Reskits. You need to add
some keys/values to your registry settings for the services. Off the top of
my head, it's a 'parameters' key to the service and then
Application,AppParameters, and AppDirectory values to that. I think the
settings are in one of the readme files that come with the client, let me
know if you need them I'll look them up. Set your schedulemode to prompted
and the client will wait until the ADSM host contacts the client to run a
backup.