ADSM-L

Max command retries default not working?

1997-02-17 16:44:35
Subject: Max command retries default not working?
From: Joe Morris <morris AT UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 16:44:35 -0500
I currently have the server set at '3' for 'Maximum Command Retries'.  Yet
I notice in the log that the server attempts to backup the non-responding
host until the startup window expires (about 12 times per hour).  I have
not set this on the client side.  Why is it retrying so many times and
ignoring my setting?

AIX 4.1.2
ADSM Server v2r1m0l10

Joe Morris  -  morris AT unc DOT edu  -  http://sunsite.unc.edu/morris
Academic Technology and Networks (formerly OIT), Development