ADSM-L

Re: upgrade ADSM-database from version 1 to version 2

1997-01-30 16:02:24
Subject: Re: upgrade ADSM-database from version 1 to version 2
From: Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 16:02:24 EST
On Thu, 30 Jan 1997 21:19:37 +0100 Vandenbalck Christian said:
>Hello,
>
>I've got one simple question for you folks. This weekend we are going to
>install ADSM MVS-server version 2.1. For the moment we are running ADSM 1.x
>and we have a 3 Gb database + his mirror,so in total we have a database
>from 6 Gb.
>
>When the server comes up for the first time I read that we must start ADSM
>with the parameter UPGRADEDB.
>
>My question to the group : did any of you ever did this upgrade and how
>long did it take you to do this upgrade (with which size of database ?)
>
>Thanks for any reply,

>*                                           *
>*   Christian.vandenbalck AT ping DOT be           *
>*   system engineer datam                   *
>*   Dolmen CA - Halle / Belgium             *
>*   Homepage : http://www.ping.be/~ping3691 *

We just did this for the VM server. Andy of ADSM tech support said that the
UPGRADEDB would only take a few secs as it does not change but a very
small amount of data in the data-base. We could not notice any difference
in the start up time from normal.

The only thing that took us a long time was backing up ADSM before the
conversion, just in-case there was a problem.

len

Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room E206                                   (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
203 SAS Campus Drive
Cary NC 27513