ADSM-L

Re: upgrade ADSM-database from version 1 to version 2

1997-01-30 15:53:17
Subject: Re: upgrade ADSM-database from version 1 to version 2
From: David Ong <david AT BABYONG.NSC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 12:53:17 -0800
Hi,
We went thru this upgrade process last year although we are running on AIX.
The
upgradedb part took very little time for our 4gb database. However, check
out the following informational APAR: II08975. It details steps you need to
take to avoid certain db errors when converting from v1 to v2.

At 09:19 PM 1/30/97 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I've got one simple question for you folks. This weekend we are going to
>install ADSM MVS-server version 2.1. For the moment we are running ADSM 1.x
>and we have a 3 Gb database + his mirror,so in total we have a database
>from 6 Gb.
>
>When the server comes up for the first time I read that we must start ADSM
>with the parameter UPGRADEDB.
>
>My question to the group : did any of you ever did this upgrade and how
>long did it take you to do this upgrade (with which size of database ?)
>
>Thanks for any reply,

>*   Christian.vandenbalck AT ping DOT be           *
>*   system engineer datam                   *
>*   Dolmen CA - Halle / Belgium             *
>*   Homepage : http://www.ping.be/~ping3691 *

Have a nice day or whatever's left of it.

David Ong
National Semiconductor Corp.