ADSM-L

Suggestion: ftp mirror

1997-01-10 12:05:04
Subject: Suggestion: ftp mirror
From: Michael Fink <Michael.Fink AT UIBK.AC DOT AT>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 18:05:04 +0100
Hello!

Due to bandwidth limitations and overload in the academic network,
the ADSM mirror that is closest to our location (ftp://wu-wien.ac.at)
has not synchronized more than a fraction of the Dec 20 1996 upgrade
to ADSM. Direct connections to index.storsys.ibm.com from our location
are very slow for the same reason.

On the other hand, I have observed quite good transfer rates from
ftp.europe.ibm.com.

Thus my suggestion: wouldn't it be of great benefit to European ADSM
customers to mirror index.storsys.ibm.com onto ftp.europe.ibm.com ?

Sincerely,

        EDV-Zentrum | Universitaet Innsbruck      | Tel: +43(512)507-2311
 Computing Services | Technikerstrasse 13         | FAX: +43(512)507-2944
--------------------+ A - 6020 Innsbruck, Austria | Michael.Fink AT uibk.ac DOT
at