ADSM-L

Too many dsmserv's!

1996-11-22 17:09:48
Subject: Too many dsmserv's!
From: Joe Morris <morris AT UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 17:09:48 -0500
I noticed today that when the server starts, it launches aboout 3 dozen
"dsmserv quiet" processes each wanting 3.4Mb of memory.  This host only
has 64MB at the moment.  I realize that this is not ideal and we are still
testing all services and evaluating what kind of hardware we will need on
a permanent basis when we go live with this system.

In the mean time, how do I keep dsmserv from launching so many copies of
itself?  Is there a command line option?

Joe Morris  -  morris AT unc DOT edu  -  http://sunsite.unc.edu/morris
Academic Technology and Networks (formerly OIT), Development