ADSM-L

Too many dsmserv's! -Reply

1996-11-24 08:39:26
Subject: Too many dsmserv's! -Reply
From: Jane Dagostino-Snyder <j-dago AT CAFE.TC.UMN DOT EDU>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 07:39:26 -0600
I know, say on a AIX box, if you had this schduele running automatically
and something happened to break this cycle and you want to start
another one, you must kill the process within AIX, use SMIT to kill the
old process so only one will be running.

Jane Dagostino-Snyder
 Morris <morris AT UNC DOT EDU> 11/22/96 04:09pm >>>
I noticed today that when the server starts, it launches aboout 3 dozen
"dsmserv quiet" processes each wanting 3.4Mb of memory.  This host
only has 64MB at the moment.  I realize that this is not ideal and we are
still testing all services and evaluating what kind of hardware we will
need on a permanent basis when we go live with this system.

In the mean time, how do I keep dsmserv from launching so many copies
of itself?  Is there a command line option?

Joe Morris  -  morris AT unc DOT edu  -  http://sunsite.unc.edu/morris
Academic Technology and Networks (formerly OIT), Development