ADSM-L

Re: Version 2 server for VM

1996-10-28 18:05:55
Subject: Re: Version 2 server for VM
From: Larry Sanders <MAINT AT MIZZOU1.MISSOURI DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 17:05:55 CST
On Mon, 28 Oct 1996 17:43:01 EST Leonard Boyle said:
>On Mon, 28 Oct 1996 14:32:40 CST Larry Sanders said:
>>I have noticed one problem.  The V2 server is reporting all times, in the
>>activity log, and elsewhere, as UTC (GMT) instead of local time.  Is this a
>>bug, or a new feature?  I really hope it isn't the latter.  I can't find any
>>option to tell the server what time zone it is in, but it shouldn't need
>>one.  The version 2 server should honor the local time zone specification in
>>CP, as the version 1 server does.
>>

>Which C/370 run time product are you using. In one of the V2 server ptf
>upgrades we noticed this problem with the older c/370 library. There
>was a ptf one could order. But we fixed it by upgrading to the LE/370
>runtime library that came with VM/ESA 2.1.0 cms level 12.
>I believe that the Time zone setting is in a assemble source file
>for the C run time library.

That's it!  I have been running the version 1 server with the C/370 library,
but switched to using LE/370 when I brought up the version 2 server.  I guess
I never configured LE/370 runtime for the local time zone.

Thanks for your help.
Larry Sanders                         Internet:  cclrs AT mizzou1.missouri DOT
edu
Larry Sanders                         Internet:  cclrs AT mizzou1.missouri DOT
edu
University Computing Services         BITNET:    CCLRS@MIZZOU1
University of Missouri - Columbia