ADSM-L

Server accounting records... how about client level...?

2015-10-04 18:12:49
Subject: Server accounting records... how about client level...?
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at TISDMAIL
Date: 10/23/96 11:37AM
Jerry Lawson
________________________Forward Header________________________
Author: INTERNET.OWNERAD
10-23-96 11:37 AM

     I've seen info about somewhere to request enhancements but can't
     remember... if anyone would care to inform me or forward this it would
     be greatly appreciated.

     Currently the server accounting records hold the server level at the
     time of the backup... and I noticed with 2.1.0.9 that an extra field
     was added... If folks are in the mood to add fields HOW ABOUT ADDING
     THE CLIENT'S ADSM SOFTWARE LEVEL ?

     We have sooo many clients that like to stay isolated in their own
     little world but I still have to provide backup coverage... (that is I
     don't have a logon id on their box) so it is almost impossible for me
     to guarantee what level their clients are at... it would be nice to be
     able to see from the server... I would even go for a field in the node
     data where a "q node xxxxx f=d" would show the level of the client the
     last time it contacted the server...

     later
          Dwight
               "All I want for Christmas is my client's software level"
                                                                      Cook