ADSM-L

Re: -fromdate= on AIX4.1 not working

1996-08-27 11:37:04
Subject: Re: -fromdate= on AIX4.1 not working
From: David Bohm <bohm AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 08:37:04 PDT
Hello Dave:

I think I need to update the informational APAR with a few more details.
The example I gave was for just one locale.  It appears you are using
the en_US locale and the example I gave was for the En_US locale.

As far as the scheme for the implementation it is not up to ADSM to
decide how to implement the standard.  The standard is implemented in
the operating system.  ADSM is just following the standard as it is
implemented by the AIX operating system.  Do not be surprised if the
other clients follow with similar changes for other client operating
systems that support the standard.

The point of the standard is every program that runs on your system
should follow the same rules for NLS options such as date format, time
format, number format, currency, collating sequences, etc without having
to perform individual customization for each program.  The customization
is performed in the operating system and the conversions are performed
by function calls available on that operating system.

David Bohm, ADSM technical support