ADSM-L

Re: Caching migrated files

1996-08-23 15:13:38
Subject: Re: Caching migrated files
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,Corp,US" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 15:13:38 -0400
Tom,
        Having cache enabled for your disk storagepools does take up some
additional Database space.  I also seem to remember some problems with
having cache enabled but I'm pretty sure they've been fixed by
subsequent maintenance levels.  Only reasons I can think of for not
enabling cache is that your users don't do too many restores or your
disk storagepools are small and the data only stays out there for a very
short period of time (less than a day).

Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com