ADSM-L

Caching migrated files

1996-08-23 10:43:00
Subject: Caching migrated files
From: HENDRIX/DAVID <dmhendri AT FEDEX DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 14:43:00 CT
We saw a problem with caching when running SQL-Backtrack backups using the
API.  Apparently, backtrack sends an object size estimate to ADSM and when
the object comes back larger, the alloc fails because ADSM has reserved X
blocks and will not release the rest.  Prior to more current versions, this
crashed the server.  Now you should just see internal server error
messages.

David Hendrix
dmhendri AT fedex DOT com