ADSM-L

Re: Macintosh node autorization

1996-08-05 15:08:09
Subject: Re: Macintosh node autorization
From: Francisco Reyes <reyes01 AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 15:08:09 -0400
On Mon, 5 Aug 1996 14:24:43 -0400, Jeffrey Mathers wrote:

>I am trying to allow a Mac node to retrieve files that were archived
>an on OS/2 workstation. I have set the authorization on the OS/2
>workstation and on the Mac have asked ADSM to display the drives on
>that node, but no drive volumes appear in the Restore/Retrieve
>window.

I don't recall where, but I think I read somewhere that you can only
grant access to another node of the same client-type. Or qualifying
the previous statement better "only clients of the same node type
can access files from a particular node.

For instance the client for netware has the following explanation for
the set access "SET ACCESS command to allow other Netware Nodes.....".
On ther other hand the OS/2 client does not mention this restriction.