ADSM-L

Re: ADSM SERVER NAME

1996-08-01 09:54:31
Subject: Re: ADSM SERVER NAME
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT ACS.BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 09:54:31 -0400
>When I change the servername to ADSM, it works, BUT, the servername
>in the Administration Panel says: Server: ADSM_PROD

This is an old chestnut problem, resulting from poor documentation in the
manuals.  SERVERNAME is a mis-named option: it is *not* the name to use
for the server, but rather the name of the stanza to use within the
options file.  As such the option should have been called SERVERSTANZANAME.
And contrary to documentation in the manuals, the maximum length is 8
characters, not 64.
    I would appeal to ADSM development to render this option name
less confusing.             Richard Sims, Boston University OIT