ADSM-L

Follow up - Server Name problem

1996-08-01 10:36:05
Subject: Follow up - Server Name problem
From: Dominic Lancaster <landom AT DAS.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 00:36:05 +1000
Thanks to those who responded, on ploughing deeper I can see that as
pointed out, it should really only be SERVERSTANZANAME or similar, and
that must be 8 chars, however, it dosn't explain why the 'SET SERVERNAME'
command even bothers allowing 'ADSM_PROD' as a valid name, except
for us it will diferentiate between our two servers, PROD and DEV

Thanks

Dominic
--
------------------------    -----------\          -     /-----   Department of
------------------------    -----------\          -     /-----   Department of
| Technical Development |   |  |       |  |   /   |  |  *        Administrative
| Mid-Range Systems     |   |  |      /  /  /  |  |   \  \
| Ph   : +61 6 243 6590 |   |  |    /  /  /  / |  |     \   \    Services
| Fax  : +61 6 243 6627 |   |  |  /  /  /  /   |  |       |  |
| dlancaster AT das.gov DOT au |    -----/  -----------------------/
-------------------------   Service is Our Business
(My opinions are my own,
(My opinions are my own,
                  not that of DAS or any other agency who may lay claim to them)