ADSM-L

Re: HELP cannot exclude directories!

1996-07-19 11:05:50
Subject: Re: HELP cannot exclude directories!
From: Sean D Curran <scurran AT EPSILON DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 11:05:50 -0400
Thanks for your response.

 Info:
 =====
 /rootdir is a filesystem mount point
 /rootdir contains 1000 subdirs, only one of which I do NOT want to back up

 Goal:
 =====
 To back up the entire filesystem WITHOUT backing up anything under
/rootdir/subdir-unwanted.

 So, if I understand this correctly:
        - I need 999 VIRTUALMOUNTPOINT entries in dsm.sys
          to overtly include those subdirs for back up
          in place of the one entry in dms.opt => domain /rootdir
          and an exclude statement.

        - Will dsmc i  ... backup all these 999  VIRTUALMOUNTPOINTs
           as though they were domain entries in dsm.opt ??
        - Will archive ??
        - Do I then need to put 999 objects in the archive schedule
definitition ??

 ADSM SUPPORT: is/are there "official prefered solution(s)" to this ???

 Thanks in advance,
 Sean

--