ADSM-L

Starting Solaris Client Scheduler

1996-06-27 12:40:20
Subject: Starting Solaris Client Scheduler
From: Robert Jarry <jarry AT SEUSS.CC.UTEXAS DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 11:40:20 -0500
I am trying to automatically startup the Solaris 2.1.4 client when the
system boots without specifying a password. I put a "Passwordaccess
generate" statement in dsm.sys and the /etc/inittab contains the following:

adsm::once:/usr/sbin/dsmc sched > /dev/null 2>&1

The scheduler doesn't start and I get "invalid password submitted" recorded
on the server. My server level is AIX  ADSM 2.1.7.

The scheduler starts when I include the password option , but the password
is readable when displaying the process. Any suggestions on how to get the
scheduler started without specifying the password in the command line?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Robert Jarry

--
Robert Jarry | r.jarry AT cc.utexas DOT edu | (512) 475-9330
Robert Jarry | r.jarry AT cc.utexas DOT edu | (512) 475-9330