ADSM-L

Concerns about the Sequent ADSM Client

1996-06-25 21:48:29
Subject: Concerns about the Sequent ADSM Client
From: "Micheal Tramont USAET(UTC -04:00)" <micheal.tramont AT E-MAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 21:48:29 EDT
I just started testing the Sequent ADSM Client, and I've come up with
the following concerns:

   1.  The V2R1M4 client supports PTX version 2.1.6 of the Sequent
       operating system.  This is over 2 releases old!  We are
       currently running PTX 4.1.2 and will be upgrading to 4.2 when
       it is available in July.
         - What problems will I face running a 2.1.6 PTX client on
           a 4.x PTX machine?
         - Why is the ADSM Client code so out of date?

   2.  We will soon be using the "efs" filesystem on our Sequent servers
       when it becomes available with the new release of PTX.
         - Will the (2.1.6 PTX) ADSM client support the "efs" filesystem?

Thank you,

Micheal Tramont -- micheal.tramont AT e-mail DOT com
Ford Motor Company
Storage Management