ADSM-L

ADSM Database Allocation

1996-06-12 15:30:58
Subject: ADSM Database Allocation
From: William Kral <wkral AT TNE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 14:30:58 -0500
In the ADSM Admin Guide for MVS, I read that the ADSM Database should be=20
allocated to between 1-5% of the total data expected to be backed up..... I=
f=20
I plan in backing up (initially) 200 Gig of data, does that mean the DASD I=
=20
should allocate on the Host should be between 2 Gig and 20 Gig? And if I=20
mirror it, between, 4 Gig and 40 Gig? It sounds like a awful lot of DASD to=
=20
allocate. Can anyone rely some of their experiences with database allocatio=
n=20
and the amount of data they backup. Any help would be appreciated... Thanks=
=20
in advance.

Bill Kral  -   WKral AT TNE DOT COM