ADSM-L

Re: ADSM causes Win95 to hang?

1996-06-06 15:26:47
Subject: Re: ADSM causes Win95 to hang?
From: Mitch Sako <mitch AT CELLNET DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 12:26:47 -0700
Yes, I've seen this.  It hung on a rather large zip file.  I removed the
zip file and the problem went away.  Not a solution but then, what else
could I do?

> We have been running ADSM (V1 server on VM, clients on AIX, Mac, OS/2,
> Sun, Windows 3.1) for several years.  We just installed out first two
> Windows 32-bit clients under Windows95.
>
> The first machine the client (obtained yesterday from the storsys FTP
> server) was installed on worked fine.   But on the second Windows95
> machine, the ADSM client connects to the server;  the user starts an
> incremental backup, and 65-66K of data goes to the server.  Right
> around the time the second file to be backed up is displayed on the
> client, the Windows95 machine hangs, down to and including the mouse,
> dead in the water.  A Q SESSION on the server shows a RecvWait state,
> until the session is timed out for inactivity.
>
> BTW, all communication is by TCP/IP over in-building Ethernet, and
> the server is VM Version 1, Release 1, Level 0.14/1.14.
>
> Anybody know what this might be?  Maintenance required on Windows95?
> Anything else?
>
>    Jeffrey A. Brooks                  (304) 293-5192
>    IBM Systems Group                  jeff AT wvnvm.wvnet DOT edu
>    West Virginia Network for Educational Telecomputing
>    Morgantown, West Virginia  26505

Mitch Sako                            Phone:     415.508.6761
Mitch Sako                            Phone:     415.508.6761
Cellnet Data Systems                  FAX:       415.508.6700
125 Shoreway Road                     Pager:     408.989.3365
San Carlos, CA 94070                  E-Mail:    mitch AT cellnet DOT com
                                      Personal:  msako AT netcom DOT com