ADSM-L

Re: Bug in AIX DSMC?

1996-05-02 01:38:04
Subject: Re: Bug in AIX DSMC?
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 00:38:04 -0500
Item Subject: Bug in AIX DSMC?
     Remember ! If you have compression on bytes transfered will hopefully
     be far less than bytes allocated ;-)   Also... are you looking at
     dsmaccnt.log data ?  If not set accounting on and pull the info from
     there... if you check out the AIX ADSM Administration GUIDE and search
     for dsmaccnt.log you will find 17 (? +-1) fields of information... off
     the top of my head I can't remember but I believe 3 or 4 of the fields
     relate to KB of data blah... so they report various figures... also
     you will notice with the accounting data you can figure out how much
     data transmitted it misc ADSM overhead...
     To double check if you have compression off is create (if space is
     available) a 1/2 GB file and backup... note the reported KB then copy
     that file 3 times to give you a couple of GB's and back all up with
     one cmd and check those figures...
     later
          Dwight