ADSM-L

Re: Installing ADSM v2 AIX client outside of SMIT

1996-04-16 13:14:30
Subject: Re: Installing ADSM v2 AIX client outside of SMIT
From: John VanderWerf <jtv AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 10:14:30 -0700
Peter F Carranti <carrantip AT NIMO DOT COM> wrote:

> According to the "ADSM V2 Installing the Clients" manual on page 12, if you
> need to reinstall ADSM over an existing version the SMIT  install will fail
> because SMIT does not overwrite existing versions.
> The installer is directed to execute the install command with the "-F" flag
> outside of SMIT.
>
> Since we currently have the ADSM V1 client installed on this AIX machine I
> had to follow the above procedure.  Now SMIT shows the V2 client as APPLIED
> and the V1 client as COMMITTED.
>
> My question is:  How do I remove the V1 client from SMIT.  If I can't, what
> are the consequences of having SMIT "know" about both versions?

In SMIT, try:

  Software Installation & Maintenance
    Manage Applied Software (List, Commit, Reject, Remove)
      Commit Applied Software (Remove Previous Version)

If you commit the V2 ADSM client, it should remove the V1 client
automatically.

--
John VanderWerf                         IBM Corporation
John VanderWerf                         IBM Corporation