ADSM-L

Installing ADSM v2 AIX client outside of SMIT

1996-04-16 10:33:32
Subject: Installing ADSM v2 AIX client outside of SMIT
From: Peter F Carranti <carrantip AT NIMO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 10:33:32 EDT
According to the "ADSM V2 Installing the Clients" manual on page 12, if you
need to reinstall ADSM over an existing version the SMIT  install will fail
because SMIT does not overwrite existing versions.
The installer is directed to execute the install command with the "-F" flag
outside of SMIT.

Since we currently have the ADSM V1 client installed on this AIX machine I had
to follow the above procedure.  Now SMIT shows the V2 client  as APPLIED and
the V1 client as COMMITTED.

My question is:  How do I remove the V1 client from SMIT.  If I can't, what are
the consequences of having SMIT "know" about both versions?

Thanks,

Pete Carranti
Niagara Mohawk Power Corp
Syracuse, NY