ADSM-L

Netware Print Environment Not Backed Up

1996-02-20 09:24:51
Subject: Netware Print Environment Not Backed Up
From: Dale BESKE <Dale.Beske AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 08:24:51 CST
Hi - We're using the ADSM 1.2 client on several Netware 3.x and 4.x servers, and
will be moving to ADSM 2.1 in the near future.

Question:ADSM does not back up Novell print queues or print server system files
(i.e. the whole printing environment).  Other third party utilities have been
written to do this.  In a disaster recovery situation under ADSM, we will have
to manually reconfigure the entire printing environment.

What is IBM's recommendation for backing up Netware printing environments now?

Are there plans to include this in future versions of ADSM?

Dale Beske-University of Wisconsin-Madison Div of Information Technology
(608) 263-4006