ADSM-L

Windows GUI for NetWare ADSM Client?

1996-02-20 09:32:58
Subject: Windows GUI for NetWare ADSM Client?
From: Dale BESKE <Dale.Beske AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 08:32:58 CST
Hi - We're using the ADSM 1.2 client on several Netware 3.x and 4.x servers, and
will be moving to ADSM 2.1 in the near future.

Question:Does IBM have any plans to create a Windows GUI for controlling Netware
ADSM clients, where one could attach to the ADSM clients running on Novell file
servers and control them all from the Windows workstation.  This is how other
LAN backup systems work (Palindrome, etc.).  The lack of something this basic in
ADSM is a big deficiency.  We plan to sell ADSM backup services to other LAN
administrators on the campus, and it is a hard sell with those LAN
administrators who are used to something more powerful than complicated
individual commands that have to be issued at individual system consoles.

Dale Beske-University of Wisconsin-Madison Div of Information Technology
(608) 263-4006