ADSM-L

Re: Collocation Concern

1996-02-15 13:07:54
Subject: Re: Collocation Concern
From: "Joseph A. Faracchio" <SPGJAF AT CMSA.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 10:07:54 PST
Gosh!  Now that I find I'm not alone and that someone says this is not
a bad idea, then maybe we should ask IBM to 'factor' this into the logic
and enable a knob to be available for tuning this.

Its annoying for me to have to take time every day or so to count the users,
look at the tape utilization and guess at how many more tapes to add to the
pool for the next week.
                               .. joe.f.
P.S.  Its really a little more complicated than I initially let on.  You have
to deduct 1 tape for each user that is greater than the tape capacity, etc.
Further investigation shows we have as many as 4 or 5 users loaded on 1 tape.