ADSM-L

Re: ANS4017E Session rejected: etc.

1996-02-05 18:12:03
Subject: Re: ANS4017E Session rejected: etc.
From: William White <www AT CNP.TEA.STATE.TX DOT US>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 17:12:03 -0600
Melinda, Susie, Francis
        This Message is associated with the most frequent failure mode of ADSM
in
my shop as well.  I first associated it (a hopeful guess) with IBM TCP/IP for
MVS
V2.2.1. but did not pursue the issue because I planned to install V3.1. I hoped
it would
go away by itself because not only did MVS TCP/IP get upgraded, but also in the
3172,
OS/2, TCP/IP for OS/2 and the offload program itself were all upgraded.  But
alas it
was not to be.
        Our environment is MVS/ESA 4.2, TCP/IP V3.1, ADSM MVS server (V1.2.4,
or,
Version 1, Release 1,Level 0.12/1.12, depending on which version display you
want
to believe), and IBM 3172 mod 3 with offload.  I have never seen anything in the
TCP/IP messages that might allow me to guess what the cause might be.  I'm
beginning
to wonder whether ADSM might be the culprit in this case.  Perhaps not handling
communication from TCP/IP correctly?
        I haven't seen communication failures in other services that use
TCP/IP, such
as FTP or TELNET, but in our situation these are not as heavily used as ADSM.
One
other interesting bit is that the problem is seen mostly on the Novell NetWare
clients.
Perhaps here again it is a case of heavier usage.
        So, I'm sorry to say I can only add that the problem occurs in other OS
environments.  Please add me to the IP pages for this, and if anyone has any
ideas
about how we might go about diagnosis of this problem, I would be happy to
participate
in any way I can.
--
(Signed)  William W. White  --  www AT tenet DOT edu   (512) 475-3557 fax
463-9090
(Signed)  William W. White  --  www AT tenet DOT edu   (512) 475-3557 fax
463-9090
Texas Education Agency, Systems Support Division 612, 1701 Congress Avenue,
Austin, Texas 78701