ADSM-L

Re: WIN95/NT ADSM BETA

1996-01-31 14:05:24
Subject: Re: WIN95/NT ADSM BETA
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 14:05:24 -0500
The NT client does not come with the GUI scheduler that the Windows 3.1 client
has.  To set up a scheduled session with the NT client, you follow a process
similar to that used by the OS/2 client.  That is:

1.  Set up a command (BAT) file with an editor that establishes a command line
session as follows:

ECHO Off
DSMC Schedule -pas=xxxxxx

That's all there is.  The echo off of course keeps the command line (and the
password) from being displayed back across the screen when it is executed.  If
you prefer not to code the "-pas=xxxxx", that is ok - when the command is
executed, you will be prompted for the password.

2.  Add an item to your startup folder (or other appropriate place) that
executes the ommand file.  This will then start the scheduled session, and all
you have to do is minimize it and let it do it's thing in the background.

Jerry Lawson
ITT Hartford Insurance Group
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com