ADSM-L

Re: Backup of HPUX version 7 filesystem

1996-01-31 13:46:56
Subject: Re: Backup of HPUX version 7 filesystem
From: Dennis Riley <riley AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 13:46:56 -0500
We use a remote shell dump command and pipe the output to a disk file on
a machine which is ADSM capable. Of course, you'll need plenty of disk space
for this option. Thus, you'll have a ADSM backup of a unix dump command
output. Restoring is a little more complex as you need to first do an ADSM
restore of the entire dump file and then run unix restore against this.
The sample crontab entries follow:
#----- WEEKLY LEVEL 0 BACKUPS of hpux 7 node
#
0 18 * * 6      rsh hpux7_node dump 0uf - / | /usr/bin/dd
of=/some/local/dir/hpux7_backup/hpux7_node_root_level0

Dennis Riley               riley AT timken DOT com
Unix System Admin.         216-471-3515
The Timken Company         Canton, OH