ADSM-L

For IBM - Recommended improvements to ADSM

1996-01-17 16:02:18
Subject: For IBM - Recommended improvements to ADSM
From: Vern Maxson <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 16:02:18 EST
We are running ADSM V2R1 on AIX 4.1.  Our clients have many very large
files.  Some files are larger than the 2Gb limit.

1) When I use the GUI interface to retrieve an archived file, after I
   enter the name of the file and list the files that match my criteria,
   it would be nice if the size of the files were listed so I could
   select a disk with enough space to hold the file.

2) If I try to retrieve to a disk that does not have sufficient space,
   it would be nice if ADSM would tell me before it starts writing to
   disk, instead of waiting until it runs out of room.

3) Using the AIX V2R1 GUI interface doing a retrieve, a window opened with
   the message "Waiting for mount of offline media..."  Because I did not
   have the correct permissions to write to the disk I selected, I got a
   write error.  I told it to cancel the retrieve, and I got the message
   that it had been "cancelled by user".  I clicked OK and the window
   went away, but the "Waiting for mount of offline media..." window
   stays and the only way to proceed any further with dsm is to close the
   session and start over.