ADSM-L

Re: Exclude Lists......

1995-12-27 11:02:02
Subject: Re: Exclude Lists......
From: Andy Raibeck <raibeck AT CONNIX DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 1995 11:02:02 -0500
Jerry Lawson queries:

<---- Begin Forwarded Message ---->
A file is backed up with ADSM, and then the customer changes his
Include/Exclude list to exclude the file.  What happens to the backup?  Is
it now considered an "only" dataset, and processed according to the parms
established in the management class?  Or is it now considered a
"non-entity", and the backup deleted?

I suppose a third option would be the backup (and any other copies) are
retained according to the management rules regardless of whether it is
excluded or not.
<----  End Forwarded Message  ---->

I believe that any existing backup versions will be expired, and subsequently
deleted from ADSM's inventory the next time inventory expiration runs.

It would be nice if you could temporarily exclude files from backup without
losing any existing versions (I've actually had situations where this would be
desirable). I submitted a requirement to the ADSM-R server to create some kind
of SKIP or IGNORE exclude/include options that would do this.

Andy Raibeck