ADSM-L

ANR8220W

1995-10-12 14:55:25
Subject: ANR8220W
From: Russ Brooks <rbrooks AT RICHMOND.INFI DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 1995 14:55:25 -0400
We have recently upgraded our ADSM server to 2.1.  We will be upgrading the
clients from 1.2.0.7 to 2.1 within a couple of weeks.  Our server and
clients are running on an AIX 3.2.5 SP2 system across the high speed switch.
We obtained network tuning recommendations from a document we found on the
SP2 home page, SP service bulletin no. 9 - 10/02/95.  The document
recommended TCPWindowsize = 256 which appeared to work fine prior to the 2.1
upgrade of the server.  We now get message ANR8220W, which indicates that it
is going to drop the TCPWindosize to the default ( 16 ) and our backups seem
to be running noticeably longer.  Is this a known problem and is there a fix?

Thanks.

Russ Brooks