ADSM-L

Determining Location of dsm.sys and dsm.opt for SUN OS Client

1995-08-31 14:45:06
Subject: Determining Location of dsm.sys and dsm.opt for SUN OS Client
From: Bob Klein <KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 1995 14:45:06 EDT
This is a question mainly for IBM.  I have been running the SUN OS
client installed on my local harddisk.  Now I am in the process
of moving the software to an afs volume.  My question is how
do dsmc and dsmadmc determine the location of the dsm.sys file.
That file is supposed to be in the installation directory.  It
would not be convenient for me to reinstall the software, because
I don't have administrative rights to the particular afs volume
on which this software will be installed.  I noticed that the
dsm.wrapper program creates an environmenal variable, DSM_DIR,
which contains the directory in which adsm is installed.  Is the
value of that environmental variable used to determine the
location of the dsm.sys file and the default location of the
dsm.opt file?

Thanks.

Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
       BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607