ADSM-L

Tape Technology

1995-08-11 13:17:34
Subject: Tape Technology
From: Baba Z Buehler <baba AT BECKMAN.UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 1995 12:17:34 -0500
We've been using 8mm 8500C drives here for a while, but we're finding them
lacking in both speed and reliablilty when used with ADSM.

Since the latest patch of the AIX ADSM server now supports DLT, we're looking
into that.

Does anyone have any clear information about DLT?  Is anyone using it with ADSM
yet?  How much faster is it than 8mm?  Is it more reliable?

Any information is much appriciated.

--
# Baba Z Buehler - 'Hackito Ergo Sum'
# Baba Z Buehler - 'Hackito Ergo Sum'