ADSM-L

Re: No disk-to-tape migration taking place

1995-08-11 12:32:38
Subject: Re: No disk-to-tape migration taking place
From: Melinda Varian <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 1995 12:32:38 EDT
On Fri, 11 Aug 1995 at 09:19:49 PDT, Joe Faracchio said:

> Could you double check that you were on .14 when this occured?
> I am also curious why you want to turn off cache'ing.  It seems to be
> a good thing and can even help minimize tape mounts in a co-location
> setting.

Joe,  I am actually running Level 14 with an additional fix for the
loops in EXPORT NODE.  I could never get any of the levels between
11 and vanilla 14 stable enough for production here.

I don't want to turn caching off.  That was one of IBM's first
recommendations for the problem we were having.  I plan to turn
it back on after SHARE.

We still have 12% of that storage pool categorized as non-migratable,
and I still have absolutely no idea why.  Last night, with highmig
set to 70%, utilization hit 100% again (during a migration), so I
have lowered highmig to 60%.

Melinda