ADSM-L

Does tapeprompt work with dsmc incremental?

1995-05-03 09:22:21
Subject: Does tapeprompt work with dsmc incremental?
From: Michael Kearney <michael AT UDCEMAIL.UDC.UPENN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 09:22:21 -0400
I have a customer using a Sun who likes to run all scheduled activities
from cron, rahter than using the ADSM scheduler. Accordingly, he uses
dsmc incremental from a shell script. We ran across a problem in which he
had files too big for the disk repository and a 'wait for tape prompt'
message was issued. The manuals imply that tapeprompt is for the
retrieve and restore functions. Does it also work for incremental?
Thanks,

Michael