ADSM-L

deleting old filespaces

1995-05-03 09:35:17
Subject: deleting old filespaces
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 15:35:17 +0200
Hello,

as time goes on, we get more and more filespaces which are not
regularly backed up any more, because e.g. the filespace's name
changed or for other reasons. Those filespaces' backups never expire.
After an appropriate time (according to the setting of RETONLY in
the standard backup copy group) I would like to delete these filespaces,
but I do not know what to base this decission on. The server command
"q fi f=d" tells me the last backup date but, as far as I know, this
only reflects incremental backups. Thus, from the server side,
filespaces that do not exist any more, and filespaces with no recent
incremental, but possibly lots of selective backups, look the same.
Am I missing something?

Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Universitaetsrechenzentrum, Einsteinstrasse 60, 48149 Muenster, Germany
E-Mail: mersch AT uni-muenster DOT de                   Phone: +49(251)83-2488