ADSM-L

Re: VM Server concerns

1995-03-06 14:43:07
Subject: Re: VM Server concerns
From: Melinda Varian <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 1995 14:43:07 EST
Martha, I also attended the "ADSM Trends and Directions" presentation at
SHARE 84 and shared your alarm over the statement that the new level of
the server will be brought out for MVS and AIX, with no mention of when
or if it will be brought out for VM.

Gretchen Thiele, of 3M, and I discussed this with the speaker (Nick
Tabellion, Director of Distributed Storage Management Products) after
his presentation.  He assured us that VM will be the next server to be
brought up to the new level and that the announcement letter for the
new server will state the date when the VM version will be available.

Functions to be added in this year's release and next year's are
absolutely critical to my installation and to many others, I'm sure.
We need to find a way for the concerns of the VM customers to be
heard more clearly.  This product had its roots in VM, and many of its
most committed customers are running it under VM.  Those facts should
not be allowed to be overlooked.

Melinda Varian,
Office of Computing and Information Technology
Princeton University