ADSM-L

Requirement to query the last IP address for a client

1995-03-06 14:53:45
Subject: Requirement to query the last IP address for a client
From: Melinda Varian <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 1995 14:53:45 EST
We urgently need a small enhancement to ADSM to allow us to query the
last IP address from which each client connected to ADSM.

As we are using open registration, this is the only way we can really
know who the client is.  It would also allow us to detect the fact that a
client has been moved into or out of the building that houses the server,
which would tell us to start or stop off-siting that client's backups.

Melinda Varian
Princeton University