ADSM-L

Re: "ptf" service for ADSM

1994-01-27 12:46:13
Subject: Re: "ptf" service for ADSM
From: Wendy Backup Buddha Alberg <WAXY AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 1994 12:46:13 EST
>The way ADSM service works is via "level-sets".  When a certain number
>of PTFs have accumulated or a HIPER APAR is fixed a new level-set PTF
>is created which contains all the PTFs to that point.  This PTF is
>basically a new product tape, complete with sample files.  All the files
>have new dates so its difficult to tell what has really changed.

We're just getting started with ADSM here at Cornell.  Is this the way
service works for the AIX servers, too?  If so, boo!

Wendy Alberg, Computer Resources Technical Support Group
Cornell Information Technologies, Cornell Univ., Ithaca, NY 14853
wa10 AT cornell DOT edu    -or-    waxy AT cornellc.cit.cornell DOT edu